Dwelling in Chamoson by Savioz Fabrizzi Architectes
This building was constructed in stages from 1814 onwards and was used as a rural house in Chamoson, Switzerland. It is made up of three adjacent areas on different levels. On the ground floor it is crossed by an access way which indicates the presence of a former right of way to the next-door building. The imposing proximity of the rocks and its stone construction lend this building a unity with its surroundings and a very strong mineral character. The renovation project by Savioz Fabrizzi Architectes seeks to maintain and reinforce this character, emphasizing the existing stone structure while using concrete for the parts to be replaced, in order to create a completely mineral feel to the whole.