Closed Headquarters by Philipp Mainzer
Closed Headquarters is a minimalist space located in Hamburg, Germany, designed by Philipp Mainzer. Located in the residential neighbourhood of Eppendorf, the interior of the former tramway depot with typical 1890's red brick facade was restructured to provide both workspaces and communal areas. On the ground floor, offices with glass walls are situated around an atrium space with greens, while an open office layout on the first floor generates a light-flooded working environment essential for a communal and creative atmosphere. The focal point of the expanded space is the spacious restaurant and kitchen with double height ceilings. Contrasting the industrial architecture, solid oak dining tables and benches by David Chipperfield for e15 elegantly highlight simplicity and warmth.